Spain is the third most visited country in the world. Visitors enjoy tradition, modernity, gastronomy, fun, shopping and much more. The character of Spain is represented in every region due to its nature, art, culture and warm people.
Why Discover Spain?
- The three thousand hours of sunshine enjoyed in Spain make our country one of the warmest in Europe.
- Spain is the EU’s most biodiverse country with 45 biosphere reserves recognized by UNESCO.
- Spanish is the second most widely spoken language in the world, with over 500 million Spanish-speaking people. It is the mother tongue of twenty-one countries of the world, as well as being an official language of the UN and the EU.
- Spain has a unique cultural heritage, which is reflected in its painting, sculpture, architecture, literature or music.
- Spain is the fourth-largest Eurozone economy.
- Spain is a world leader in infrastructure, telecommunications, railway sector, textile sector and tourism.
- Gastronomy is an asset to the Spanish economy and has spread to other areas related to innovation and research. Sample of this are the Basque Culinary Center and the Bulli Foundation.