KATIMAVIK NATIONAL EXPERIENCE
This immersive 5.5-month program brings together 11 young adults who share and manage a house in one or two communities in Canada, with the guidance of a Project Leader.
ARE YOU READY TO
- volunteer 30 hours per week at a local non-profit?
- strengthen your commitment to Truth and Reconciliation?
- discover Canada and implement community projects?
- offer your support during these difficult times?
ARE YOU EAGER TO LEARN ABOUT
- the past and current realities of Indigenous peoples in Canada?
- sustainable development?
- English or French as an additional language?
IF YOU ARE…
- 17-25 years old
- A permanent resident or citizen of Canada
- Motivated to learn new skills
- Ready to meet the challenges of group living and be a team player
- Prepared to volunteer and make a positive change
Apply to the Katimavik National Experience!
Katimavik is committed to providing an inclusive, diverse, respectful environment and encourages applications from young adults of all backgrounds, genders, religions, and cultures.
Will the program still take place, despite coronavirus restrictions?
Yes! Charities and non-profits need the help of volunteers now more than ever. It is undeniable that these are challenging times for everyone. The good news is that YOU can still make a difference! Joining our program means participating in an educational and meaningful experience while proactively helping communities face the challenges of the pandemic.
How will you ensure the safety of participants during the National Experience?
All our partners will follow the best practices of COVID-19 safety procedures, such as providing masks, other protective equipment, and social distancing. We recognize the immeasurable value of our participants, and your safety is our top priority.
Here is a sneak peek of what your volunteer placement might look like:
- Putting together meal packages for people in need.
- Answering COVID-19 response needs (for example, delivering groceries to seniors in lockdown).
- In-community relationship building.
Wow, what a great topic and well-thought-out rules. I found your blog Best Essay Writer and I am grateful for stopping by, and this is a very well-thought-out set of regulations.
My name is Bilal Hamdi, I am 26 years old, and I am Tunisian. I am passionate about doing volunteer work, getting to know different civilizations and cultures, and benefiting from a different experience in life.